WordPress is known as the most popular content management system and it allows its users to create any kind of website. While many people use it for blogging, you can create anything from an ecommerce store to a website for review, using a wide range of customization features and plug-ins.
The main benefits of choosing WordPress as a platform include:
- Little coding knowledge is required. But if you can contaminate your hands with a little code, this will definitely be useful.
- It is one of the most affordable options. WordPress features one of the biggest free additions and theme libraries at no additional cost. Beautiful designs and intricate features a few clicks away.
- In-depth documentation and a huge community. With a huge community of developers and bloggers passionate about WordPress, you can find solutions and answers faster.
Customize Your Website with WordPress
In the previous blog we shed the light on how to Get website domain name and web hosting with lowest cost you can get in the whole web. *If you don’t got them yet checkout our previous blog.
- After completing the installation Process in the hosting dashboard you have to reach the admin area of WordPress.
There is two ways to get Access to the admin area:
- Navigate to yourdomain.com/wp-admin to find the WordPress dashboard.
- Or, in hosting dashboard go to Website category on the left side and click on Auto Installer. click on WP-ADMIN on the right side of the page.
To access it, fill in the credentials you specified during the installation process. You will reach the admin dashboard as below.
Within this back panel, you can control everything related to WordPress website, content and users.
Theme and Design
A wide range of features is one of the many advantages of creating a WordPress site. Whatever design your idea needs, you’ll definitely find it.
The official WordPress theme repository alone contains over 8,000 unique options. You can find it all in the Appearance ›Themes section of the Dashboard.
- Select the “Add New” button, you will be able to preview and install all themes from the available in WP theme pool.
- Next, type on the search bar your preferred theme type depending on your website niche. In order to complete the previous tutorial we will type Church and Install The Church Lite theme. Once the installation completed click Activate.
Plugins And Extensions
Another biggest feature in WordPress is the huge amount of plugins that you can use to implement new features and functions. You can start in the Extensions section, where you can choose a new extension to install new extensions. All of these can be found in the installed plugins section in the dashboard menu.
- Click on Add New at the top of the page and search for each plugin of the following, install and activate them:
Here is a list of 7 great WordPress plugins that can be helpful when creating your website:
- Elementor. This plugin will help us to create and customize every part of our website’s pages and posts.
- Essential Addons for Elementor. The Essential plugin you install after Elementor! 70+ Premium elements, including WooCommerce, Event Calender, Data Table, Post Grid, Instagram Feed.
- Elementor – Header, Footer & Blocks Templates. A simple yet powerful WordPress component that lets you create a layout with Elementor and set it as:
– Ban (anywhere on the site)
- Rank Math. This plugin covers the full SEO needs of each website. (Compatable with Elementor, you can customize each page and post in Elementor dashborad in SEO section while editing).
It will allow you to:
– Easily add meta descriptions and descriptions to your posts.
– Find out how your article is covering a particular keyword.
– View text information and tips.
– Get different tips on how to improve your site’s SEO.
- All-In-One WP Migration (already installed). Give visitors the opportunity to reach out to you with a neat looking form.
Using this plugin, you can:
– Generate full WordPress site backups.
– Restore any backups created with the plugin.
– Find all backups in a single section.
– Choose what content/elements should be imported or exported.
- Contact Form 7. Can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup.
- Compress JPEG & PNG Images. Well-optimized images can speed up your site by a great deal. It’s also one of the simplest WP Optimization tasks.
Content And Pages
Essentially, WordPress lets you upload and create three types of content:
1. Pages – with this section, you can create static pages that don’t expect a lot of changes. For example: About us, Contact us, Home, Donate, etc.
2. Posts – a section that allows you to create dynamic content, such as articles, blog posts, and guest publications.
3. Media – such as images, videos, and audio files. After the upload, you will be able to attach these resources to your posts and pages.
- Navigate to Elementor in the dashboard and click on it.
– Change the settings as shown below to keep the settings of the sellected theme as a default settings for fonts and colors then click Save Changes
Start creating and editing your pages and posts with Elementor by simply click add new (page or post) in the dashboard and then click Edit with Elementor.
Elementor dashboard is easy to use, as simple as drag and drop.
– To build a homepage for the website watch this VIDEO as a clear sample of building a website homepage.
– If you want to build a website without Elementor we suggest this Full Tutorial Video.
– Read our previous article about how to build a reliable website with lower cost and maximum features.
I hope this has given you an idea of what is involved in building a website using WordPress. In I recommend building your website by your self but hiring can be a good choice as well. it is almost certain that you will save money because WordPress is a free CMS .
Consider choosing a church theme or any theme that suits your wensite niche, avoid high effects, start by customizing tools, create google analytics and google search console accounts then connect them with Rank Math to get a better ranking in search engines.
You can add a payment gateways for donation page by using WPForms Lite (installed by default) to customize the donation page and install another two payment gateways plugins PayPal Donation and Stripe Payments.
– Watch a Tutorial Video
Any extra website customization can be simply added with thousands of free plugins with full support.